Monday, April 15, 2013

When I Say "Thrift Store", what I really mean is "Thrifttown"



I should get this out of the way from the start... while there are many thrift stores in my area, I do 99 percent of my thrifting at the Thrifttown in El Sobrante, CA. I am sure this will be the topic of many posts to come.


 Thrifttown is, in my opinion, the motherlode of thrift stores. I just don't need enough stuff to shop anywhere else. Thrifttown is well-stocked, well-organized, and friendly. And they have all kinds of sales. That is the big difference between TT and the other stores... their merchandise is actually cheap. The other day I poked my head in to a Goodwill store. Also beautifully clean and well-stocked.... but the prices.... no. Just no. I spotted a pair of boys' Old Navy jeans priced at $8.99. Hey Goodwill! If I wanted Old Navy boys' jeans for $8.99, I'd shop at Old Navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment