Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yet Another Blog



This is my latest attempt at a blog. The reason I am starting this blog is that I find myself fixated on the amount of stuff in our lives. Everywhere we go, there's just wall-to-wall stuff. The place where this is most apparent to me is at the Thrift Store... the place where perfectly good stuff goes because people need to clear their closets of old stuff to make way for new stuff. I guess if I continue this blog I am going to have to come up with good synonyms for stuff! Like many thrifters, I shop for the bargains and for the thrill of a really great find. But I also shop at thrift stores because every time I score a decent pair of boys' jeans, I'm keeping a pair of new jeans out of the third world sweat shop/cargo ship/mall-store pipeline. And that is as much of a thrill as the bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment