Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Get the Most Out of Thrifttown

I feel like I'm getting to be a broken record about Thrifttown. What can I say? I can't help myself--I find TT to be a superior shopping experience. Bargain-basement, environmentally- and socially-conscious retail therapy is my thing.

"Thou shalt not enter Thrifttown without a coupon" is the thrifting commandment I try to live by. Why pay full price when you don't have to?






I signed up as a VIP at the Thrifttown website. A few times a year, they have specials like the one pictured above. $5 off a $15 purchase. You can simply show it on your phone, and it's good once a day for about two weeks. Enjoyable.

Thrifttown also sends out a regular coupon in the Val-Pak mailer. It looks like this:



Last week I popped in during a heat wave and picked up a pile of new-to-me shirts for just 10 bucks thanks to my coupon.


Here's a made in Thailand tshirt. My retail therapy experience at Thrifttown would be complete if somehow everything I purchased was magically made in North America. Not so, of course. The racks are filled with Old Navy, Gap and Target items cast off by their original owners.

Stemming the tide, just a teeny tiny bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment