Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Just So Much Urine



Water conservation has been on my mind because here in Northern California we had a dry, mild winter (sorry to bring it up East Coast friends). It was pretty lovely--sunny and 65 day after day after day. But all that great weather comes with a price--a low snow-pack in the Sierra Nevada.

I was thrilled, then, to run across this post on a blog I really like, Northwest Edible Life. It's all about PeeCycling. Pee can help your garden grow, and peeing outside saves on water. Win-win. Oh yeah! This we can do.

Everything old is new again, I guess. Will peeing outside become the new indoor plumbing? I don't enjoy cleaning up after boys who miss the toilet all the time. Pee on dirt is way less smelly than pee on porcelain.

I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to get my squat on just yet. I think I'll spare my neighbors for now. But, in all seriousness, water shortages are a serious issue. What are you doing to cut back?


No comments:

Post a Comment